Marie Clark Musical Theatre
Marie Clark Musical Theatre (MCMT) is a progressive, non-professional theatre company that strives to nurture talent and produce high quality musicals for the community to be involved with and to enjoy.
We are based in the City of Tea Tree Gully and exist to:
- promote an appreciation of live theatre within the community;
- provide entertaining public performances of live theatre involving acting, singing and dancing; and
- encourage performers of all ages to develop their talents and self-confidence to develop their skills and confidence in musical theatre performance.
Our company values are Respect, Inclusiveness, Balance, and Community.
“Little Shop of Horrors” (November 2023)
MCMT is excited to be staging for Adelaide audiences this deviously delicious Broadway and Hollywood sci-fi smash musical that has devoured the hearts of theatre-goers for over 30 years. Tickets now on sale – Early Bird pricing available until 31st July 2023!
About The Show
The meek floral assistant Seymour Krelborn stumbles across a new breed of plant he names “Audrey II” – after his coworker crush. This foul-mouthed, R&B-singing carnivore promises unending fame and fortune to the down and out Krelborn as long as he keeps feeding it, BLOOD. Over time, though, Seymour discovers Audrey II’s out of this world origins and intent towards global domination…
With music and lyrics by Howard Ashman, and music by Alan Menken (famous for Disney’s ‘The Little Mermaid’, ‘Beauty and the Beast’, and ‘Aladdin’), don’t miss out on seeing one of the most popular shows in the world brought to life in November. Seven shows, only!
Season Dates & Times
- Friday 3rd November 2023 – 7.30pm
- Saturday 4th November 2023 – 2pm & 7.30pm
- Sunday 5th November 2023 – 4pm
- Wednesday 8th November 20023 – 7.30pm
- Thursday 9th November 2023 – 7.30pm
- Friday 10th November 2023 – 7.30pm
145 Sir Donald Bradman Drive, Hilton SA 5033
Early Bird Special available until 31st July 2023 (all Adult and Concession tickets at $30 / once Early Bird ends, Adult tickets revert to $38 each and Concession tickets revert to $33 each).
Head to MCMT’s Facebook page to view the cast announcement of the incredible talent behind this show.
MCMT’s very first musical was Gilbert and Sullivan’s ‘Trial By Jury’ in 1974. Since then, MCMT has staged over 80 productions, ranging from ‘classics’ such as ‘Brigadoon’, ‘Oklahoma!’, and ‘Fiddler on the Roof’ to more modern shows such as ‘Young Frankenstein – The New Mel Brooks Musical’, ‘Spamalot’, ‘The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee’, and ‘Anything Goes’.
MCMT’s most recent production was the critically well-received Off-Broadway smash hit, ‘I Love You, You’re Perfect, Now Change’. Read what Adelaide critics had to say about this quirky four-hander:
- Stage Whispers (reviewed by Barry Hill): https://tinyurl.com/mryw7z83
- Theatre Association of South Australia (reviewed by Alan Shepley, David Evans): https://tinyurl.com/yckvwxh2
- Broadway World (reviewed by Ewart Shaw): https://tinyurl.com/4u4w7e22
For a full list of MCMT’s previous productions, you can read more here.